forgetfullness

I totally forget about dinner and when it's dinner time because I am wife and a mother of 3 .... time has gone by and it always seems the easiest thing to do is eat out!  I suck at cooking btw my family begs me not to cook and they would rather wait for daddy who is and construction worker and doesn't get home till at leat 7 every night. For my older kids and me that's fine but I get my 3 & 4 yr old ready for bed by 8:30 ish... i just need something easy and healthy
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

dont skip your dinners or replace your meal with a fast food option. Its not healthy for digestion and your over all health. Cooking is not a rocket science. There are n' number of cooking recipes available on youtube that can help you learn simple yet easy meals in minutes. Once bad, twice bad but the third meal you would cook would turn out tasty and your kids would be proud of it. You just need to put in some interest, efforts and you would find cooking easy :). A simple egg drop soup recipe is as below

All you need is
1) An onion (Big one cute into cube sized pieces).
2) 4Cups of plain water
3) Oxo/Soup/seasoning cubes that you get in the market
4)Chopped parsley
5)Ground black pepper (Freshly powdered)
6)Two eggs (Just the white)
7)Cooking oil and wok/pan

Method: Take a wok/pan, heat a bit of cooking oil and add onions to it. Add some salt and let the onions fry a bit. Add the water and the seasoning cubes. You would see the water heating, then add the pepper. Bring it to boil, add the egg white with a spoon bit by bit in different areas inside the pan containing the soup. Bring it to boil until the egg white is cooked. Now add chopped parley and there you go soup is ready :).

Regards,
Nikhil

6)Salt to taste
Helpful - 0
Use the crockpot or slow cooker.  Lots of one dish recipes available online.  Throw everything in  and just wait.
Helpful - 0
Get a crockpot! It is truly a lifesaver.
Helpful - 0
I agree that a crockpot is a very easy way to cook.. There are tons of healthy recipes... you can get it started when you get up in the morning, then it's truly okay to "forget" about dinner, because it's cooking all day.  You can feed your younger children earlier if you need to - it's not good to feed them too close to bed time - then the rest of you can eat when your husband gets home.  

A good crockpot meal would be a beef roast cut into bite sized pieces, a can of fat free beef broth, a couple of carrots cut into bit sized pieces, a couple stocks of celery cut into bit sized pieces, a small onion chopped, 2-3 potatoes cut into bite sized pieces.  Roll beef in flour and brown in hot skillet.  Transfer to crockpot, add the rest of the ingredients (may need additional water to cover ingredients) and cook on low for 8-10 hrs.  Add salt, pepper and other seasonings to taste. If you prefer, don't roll the meat in flour; you just won't have the thicker gravy.  You can also add other veggies if you prefer, but make sure you add them at the time in the cooking process, as some don't take as long to cook as others.

You can do the same thing with chicken.  If you buy a crockpot, it should come with recipes or you can search the internet for crockpot recipes.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community