Heart Disease Community

ANGIOGRAPHY REPORTS

Dear all,
My mother's Angiography report is given below. She is 48 years old & non-diabetic. Your expert opinion is required:

Angiography Report:

LEFT MAIN CA : NORMAL
LAD : 90% Stenosis in mid segment
LEFT CX : 30%-40%  Stenosis in mid segment
CA : Dominant. Multiple lesion in proximal and mid segment with 60%-70% stenosis .Total distal occlusion. PDA is filling through collaterals from left side.

FINAL DIAGNOSIS :
* Three vessel disease.
* Normal LV function.

RECOMMENDATION :
CABG.
dated : 16 May 2014

your opinion and suggestion is required do we have to go towards CABG /ANGIOPLASTY or do you think medicines can unchoke the blocked vessels...

your early response is required
Well from looking at the report, and taking into account your Mothers quite young age, this is a difficult one. The Cardiologist may be looking more long term, but for now there is really only one section that requires immediate attention, the mid LAD of 90%. I know Cardiologists can sell an opinion very well, but there are no guarantees with any procedure for the long term. I had a triple bypass which only lasted 3 months and I've had 10 stents too. Some stents have blocked but some have remained very healthy indeed, around 50-50. Bypass surgery is traumatic without a doubt and the anxiety before surgery is terrible. So, down to my opinion. If this was my Mother, I would be suggesting Angioplasty (stenting) to the Mid LAD and leave the other vessels alone. I would get her vitamin B12 and Omega-3 supplements and ensure she doesn't smoke and eats healthy. If the Doctors recommend any medications, particularly anticoagulants such as Aspirin, I would ensure my Mother takes them. With such lifestyle changes there is a high chance existing disease will not get any worse. This is just what I would do and is my opinion.