Heart Disease Community

Angiography Result Diagnosis

I am a 48 years old male with Diabetes and Hypertension.I underwent a angiography and following were the observations :

CLINICAL DATA:K/C/O HYPERTENSION ,DM AND UNSTABLE ANGINA

LEFT MAIN : NORMAL

LAD :PROXIMAL LAD IS CALCIFIC
        MID SEGMENT 40 % STENOSIS

LCX:NON DOMINANT AND NORMAL

RCA : DOMINANT,MID SEGMENT 30 % STENOSIS

RENALS : NORMAL

FOLLOWING ARE THE QUERIES :

1) WHAT IS THE FURTHER COURSE OF TREATMENT ?
2) HOW DO I INTERPRET THE REPORT ? DO I HAVE A HEART DISEASE OR NO ??
Yes you certainly do have some heart disease. I am confused with the part of the report which says "proximal LAD is calcified" because it doesn't say to what extent.
The other blockages are still below the level for intervention using stents or bypass.
As to further course of treatment, I would have a blood cholesterol test. You need to get your blood pressure under control, and eat healthy foods. Avoid emotional stress as much as possible, and exercise regularly, such as daily walks for at least 20 mins.
From what your report says, this certainly doesn't seem to explain your Angina, but I wouldn't expect it to if you was diagnosed with unstable angina.