Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

Are SVT episodes after having surgery normal?

When I was in 7th grade I was diagnosed with SVT because I had an episode at school. I am now a freshman in high school and the episodes still seem to persist. Usually when I have one now they only last about a minute or two versus my normal 30 minute episodes except these small ones happen more frequently. Is this normal? Or my other theory is that another pathway is growing again. And if this is not normal what do you recommend I do
1 Responses
12492606 tn?1459874033
Lots of folks with SVT post over at the heart rhythm community.  You will be offered a lot of guidance there.  SVT is the easiest arrhythmias to cure in the EP lab via ablation.  When you decide to have it done, just make sure the EP has done a lot of them and that he does at least a couple per week if not more.  The more the better.  And ask for his/her historic success and complication rates.  A high volume center will get you success rate in the high 90s% with very low major complication rates (less than 1%).
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.