Heart Disease Community

Get me off of this Plavix

I was misdiagnosed. The firlst Dr. I went to said I had a stroke. I actually have Vertigo.  The first doctor put me on plavix when he diagnosed me with my "stroke". I live in a very small remote mountain village in the Yukon Territory. Seeing a doctor here is kind of a joke. There is a different doctor every time and no one seems to want to help me.
I want to get off of this plavix.
Do I just stop taking it or do I have to wean myself off?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
I suggest you get a final opinion that reviews your cardiovascular risk and both your vertigo.  Plavix is not exactly a pleasant medication to be on, but it helps many cardiovascular and stroke patients.  It's not a joke to go off of Plavix.  It may be offering you a silent benefit.  I went off Plavix as a heart patient for 7 days for an upper GI endoscopy and had a stroke.  For any procedure, I do not go off Plavix...the docs work around it.  I'd rule out cardiovascular and stroke issues before jumping off the med.  I've had cardiologists given my own complicated situation say it's ok to go off of Plavix, and If I would have listened to them, it's a fair chance I'd be in very deep trouble.