Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

Heart Arrhythmia/AFib with back pain

I saw an earlier post and it helped me, so I wanted to share my story because very few Doctors believe me. In 2007 I fell off a scooter over the handle bars and landed on my back. It was a terrible pain. 24 hours later I woke up hearing a click in my spine and my heart going crazy. I thought I was having a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital with AFib. At the time I was 42 and in decent health, no smoke, no drugs, no drink - only coffee. They ran every test and said my heart was normal and had no reason why I was in AFib. I told them about my fall and that my back really hurt but they said it wasn't related. Flecanide would not convert me. After 10 hours I begged them to let me up to go to the restroom.when they did I bent over to flush and felt my back click again and the AFib stopped. I continued to have PVCs for many months afterwards and found no resolution to it after seeing a spine orthopedic dr and getting an MRI.
I've been normal for many years until 3 weeks ago. My back pain returned after two terrible nights sleep while traveling and I woke up with PVC's. Many of them with shortness of breath and light headed ness. Another person had said 'a feeling of doom' and I agree.  The ER visit was pointless, heart seems normal. The back pain is very specific: right around T4 and T5 on the left side of the spine. In Accupuncture and Chiropractic medicine they believe that the nerves in that area control the heart and breathing. I for one believe them and am looking for advice in how to cure this issue... Thanks and good luck to you on your journey.

This discussion is related to back pain with Atrial fibrillation.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.