Heart Disease Community

Is the bike OK for a heart that had a trouble before?

if somebody had a problem with the heart before (like mild attack) is it OK to cycle for a pleaser? in my case 10min ride brings more discomfort after few hours later than my 8 hour shift at work even I push heavy trolley all day.. for me its just a mistery..
Have you been to your GP or seen a cardiologist about this?
A short bicycle ride in morning before you go to work might be better for you.
Not sure about the work you do, but pushing heavy things around all workday is maybe too much for a person with heart issues. Check with your GP etc.
sorry for a such a late response.. when I went to my GP and i told her that after my 10 or 15 min pleasure cycle (even with very low speed) i feel little dizy she told me that it was too much polen in the Hide park so it could be because of that.. (can you emagine the level of arrogancy here).
No is not pollen. People with pollen allergy I looked up dizzy/vertigo is seldom is more nose/eyes issue. I see on your profile you are in UK. Did you see a cardiologist in 2019? I do not know NHS rules over here is 1x a year one sees specialist dr, my GP tells me I should get seen 2x a year. In hospital they can have you do bicycle endurance test? And an ECG.
I am not much on MedHelp but saw your reply by chance. Hope you get some tests. As soon as you get dizzy or feel weird either sit down or lay down in place. No exertion. Usually it passes.Us with the dodgy hearts have to err on caution. I do not go to the shops my second cardiologist tells me I drop and demise in shop if I go. I only visit dr. I used to bicycle slow too but had to stop. I visit London UK  long ago. I lead quiet life. Take care of yourself. GD.
Depends on if you get symptoms!
This article may be of benefit: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000094.htm
If your GP is dismissive, you should consult with a cardiologist.

I think you have been here before... have you been rechecked and given the all clear?