Heart Disease Forum

Low end diastolic volume

I had a nuclear stress test.  My end diastolic volume was 78ml.  Ejection fraction was 78%.  This seems low for volume and high for ejection.  Is my poor heart working too hard?
Generally speaking, an ejection fraction on a nuclear stress test is less about the exact numbers and more about a generalization (normal, mildly abnormal, or abnormal). A normal ejection fraction is >65%. At the upper ends nuclear stress tests are not great at specifics. If your heart chamber sizes are small (and this is a normal variant seen in people) we find the volumes (and thus the ejection fraction) to be less precise. The interpretation of test results like this, in the majority of cases, would be considered fine.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.