Heart Disease Community

PVCs and stomach gas!!!!

Just a quick question... My younger sister who is 20 yrs old and has never suffered from pvcs/palpitions etc had an endoscopy done 3 days ago for suspected acid reflux. During the procedure they blew air into her stomach to inflate it!! Since then she obviously has alot of stomach gas but she has been having non stop pvcs too!! Yesterday for about 6 hours every third beat was an ectopic!! They have calmed down alot today and she is not really bothered by them but is there a connection between gas and palps? I know i tend to burb after a pvc and after eating i definitely get more.
I get pac/pvcs everytime I eat. It might be during or definetly soon after. It could be just animal crackers or a spag dinner. Any food. I can last for a minute to hours and cannot find a pattern.
i have same problem today has air in chest and stomack didnt feel to good had pvc all day tonight they are better and my chest dont feel full air and yes i belech all the time with my pvc
hey i just came from my cardio dr i have been having same thing your sis has the air in stomack, and yes lots lots pvc i wore a h-montor and it said i had over 36,000 thatys a lot to me but not much to her, she said the air is from the vagas nerve i think how you spell t and when you get up set with the pvc its get up set and gives you the belching of air, i have felt bad for a few days now not really hungry and just feel full all the time it comes with the pvc so hope shes doing better .tell her hang in there it will work out.
I had palps which drove me crazy for a few years. Then they told me that I ha a bad gallbladder which needed to be removed. After my surgery I had only occasional palps-one here and there. They were nothing bothersome. Now some 8 months after my surgery, I seems to be getting some GERDS going and my palps are back with a vengence driving my CRAZY!  If my stomach is settled, I don't seem to have them. If my stomach is upset and I'm burping alot, BAM!!! The palps are bothersome. It was been going on everyday for over a month now! Is there a connection?  ????? I think so!
yes i think so to, my cardio told me this morn that they do seem to come together and the gerd can make them worse so i know ive had well my 24 hr showed over 36,000 plalp/flutters and i have the belching to go with it so i know they come together , and if am stressed i get a full feeling and air in chest with lots palps, seems like doubling meds not help either just have to let them do there thing and hope they go away soon . hope you have less palps today
I'm not sure what causes it but I get the same thing. My PVC's happen after eating and then a couple hours after I'll have an episode with gas. As soon as I get the PVC's I get up from my desk and walk for a few minutes. I burp several times. I've been through all of the tests and found that I have a mild case of MVP. But as far as the gas....none of the doctors gave an explanation. This isn't much help but at least you know that you're not alone.
Yellowrose: Hope your pvcs have settled down, my sis is feeling much better and all her pvcs have gone!! However i always have gas in my stomach and indigestion so i have pvcs everyday!!
Its amazing that so many of us suffer from the same thing. I was talking to my mum today ad she told me that she also gets pvcs with trapped gas!!

dmil241: i also have gerd at the moment and that definitely triggers more palps too. I have tried many acid meds but none have helped with acid!!

Dbooo: Thanks. It definitely does help to know that i'm not alone and imagining it!! No matter what i eat i always get pvcs after. Like you after eating i have bad gas episodes which trigger runs of pvcs i also tend to get a fast heart rate too.

There is obviously a connection here but why is it so many docs do not recognise it? I also find that i get pvcs if i go hungry for a long time and gas builds up! I'm doomed if i eat and doomed if i don't!!!
Sounds like you may want to see a GI doc.
I don't know if anyone will agree with this, but sometimes those people who are very very anxious, may actually gulp air from the anxiety and thus have a lot of gas.  I think it kinda makes some sense.
i just came back from the doctor because i have been experiencing a palpitation like feeling in my throat for a couple of days now accompanied by burps. my doctor looked at me like i had 3 heads and said i have never heard of that and they certainly cannot be related. i thought i would do my own research and was amazed to find these posts. does anyone know however, is it an actual palpitation or just something that feels likes one. if it is an actual palpitation, why or how would gas cause this?
I just came back from the doctors with this very same problem, 2 nights ago, I went to the ER cause I was having alot of pvc's, but also having alot of gas in my upper stomach. I'm surprised that doctors don't get the connection.  I was just explaining to my doctor that my stomach is gurgly and full of gas and the need to burb triggers a pvc, I think she thinks I'm crazy. It is very uncomfortable and a pain to deal with. I've tried gas x, but doesn't seem to help too much. I also can feel the pvc when it happens, was able to tell them when it was occuring when having the ekg. Gonna look around the net for a way to decrease stomach gas naturally and will let all of you know. T
Try the low fodmap diet.
I have had the same problem on and off for past few years and it is only the fact that I can see so many others experiencing this that causes me not to worry.
I feel my stomach move - trapped air i think - then my heart appears to skip a beat or too - then I burp. Makes me feel a bit funny/yuk.

There is no pattern to this but occurs usually after food but sometimes relieved by food. It can last on and off for weeks/months then just go away til next time!

I have a small hiatus hernia and wonder if this contributes.
Also have been on Nexium and, before that, Losec for too, too many years and believe it has caused more problems than not.

Anyone else with these symptoms have a h.hernia and Nexium history also?????????   I am 47, female and a bit too much stomach fat.