Stress test results and exercise

I recently had a sestamibi stress test done which indicated a fixed inferior defect, anterior wall stress ischemia and possible inferior septal ischemia. I will not see the cardiologist untill next month to discuss the results.
I have always been active in various sports(57 yr. old male). My question is-can I  safely continue physical activity such as running, tennis etc. before I talk to cardiologists concerning test results?
Well the ischemia means that there is an insufficient supply of blood to the organ and only your doctor could answer this question based on the seriousness of the defecit.
Why such a long wait after a stress test that found ischemia?  I'd ask the cardiologist to see me sooner - you question of exercise is a very good one that should be answered by a cardiologist once he/she has reviewed your stress test results.  Again, not sure why you have to wait so long to meet w/ the doctor.  

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community