Heart Disease Forum

Ventricular Wrap

Posted By Tim on July 18, 1999 at 09:07:24
A friend was just diagnosed with cardiomyopathy.  After a complete work-up, it was determined that his left ventrical is enlarged (all other systems of the body were not affected).  He has a 25% refraction.  He is on the donor heart transplant list.  My question is about a procedure called a ventricular wrap (layman's name I'm sure).  As of yet, I have not been able to locate information concerning this procedure and its success rate.  Would it be possible to provide additional iformation about the ventricular wrap (including its medical procedure name) and any related websites.  Thank you very much.

Follow Ups:

Re: Ventricular Wrap Mario 7/18/1999
(1)

Ventricular Wrap CCF CARDIO MD - CRC 7/19/1999
(0)

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.