Heart Disease Community

Vescell (stem cell peddler) is a fraud?

Hi Guys, I'm new here, and I'm only posting because I see a lot of posts about VesCell - a stem cell company that offers all sorts of "treatment". I strongly believe that this company is a fraud and it's irritating to see people responding to posts from "people" who have supposedly undergone stem therapy with Vescell! Now, I'm not slandering these a*holes and you guys can check out any of my claims by using Google and the Edgar database

Give your hard earned money to worthwhile causes, not to a bunch of shady scumbags.

VesCell is run by a company called TheraVitae - which has to file reports with the US Edgar database; dito Regenocyte Theraputics - formerly GOOD BUDDY’S COFFEE EXPRESS! Use Google, you idjits!

----
Google key words from the paragraph below.
----
FORM 8-K  
Date of report (Date of earliest event reported): July 16, 2008
REGENOCELL THERAPEUTCS, INC.
(Exact Name of Registrant as Specified in Charter)
On July 16, 2008, RegenoCELL Therapeutics, Inc., formerly Good Buddy’s Coffee Express, Inc., a Florida corporation (“ RCT ” or the “Company”) completed actions necessary to change its business strategy from opening drive through cafes which will offer clientele during the morning commute coffee and pastries within one minute after cash is received from the customer to a new stem cell therapy business opportunity as set forth in a Letter of Intent dated March 31, 2008 with TheraVitae, Inc. (the “Stem Cell Business”). These actions included the filing of Amended Articles of Incorporation which among other matters changed the name of the corporation to RegenoCELL Therapeutics, Inc. and increased its authorized capitalization to 600,000,000 shares, approved Amended Bylaws, issued restricted common shares, par value $.0001 per share, to Douglas T. Rice (250,000), Domenic Mazza (5,000,000) and James F. Mongiardo (15,000,000), ratified the March 31 Letter of Intent with TheraVitae, and approved the Employment Agreement with James F. Mongiardo as President and Chief Executive Officer.

whois vescell.com
   Owner, Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Billing Contact:
      Theravitae
      Ye Tun (ID00270774)
      36/72 PS Tower 21st Floor
      Sukhumvit 21 rd.
      Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana 10110
      Thailand
      Phone: +66.26644290
      Email: ***@****

Btw, medhelp seriously needs some rework with their sign-up process. Here I am a fairly honest whiste-blower and darn it! I had to try three email addresses (all fake) and three fake id's, before I could login to post. Guh! However, please note, what I'm SAYING isn't a lie and it's so darn easy to verify - just google or do a 'whois' lookup for vescell.com and check up with the US government's Edgar database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/webusers.htm) Also: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36849354/ns/health-heart_health

You need to ask yourself what a TheraVitae is doing with an ex-coffee marketing company - and one assumes that they were honest souls who were peddling coffee and not something else.

All registered companies have to file things with Edgar and there are websites that mirror this information, which Google indexes and makes available to common-folk. This is the link i got:
http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/EFX_dll/EDGARpro.dll?FetchFilingHtmlSection1?SectionID=6048050-726-93111&SessionID=ybJMHv6UTlMFdA7

---------------------
Item 1.01   Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement

The Letter of Intent with TheraVitae provides for a non exclusive license in Mexico and later the Islands of the Caribbean to commercialize TheraVitae’s stem cell therapy for cardiovascular indications. The Company may establish clinics to treat congestive heart failure patients with VesCell, TheraVitae’s stem cell therapy. It also provides for an exclusive license in the United States, Canada and Mexico to obtain regulatory approvals and then market VesCell stem cell therapy for the treatment of peripheral artery disease.

As part of the change in strategy to the Stem Cell Business as further described below under Item 5.02, Scott Massey, the former President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of the Company, and Phillips N. Dee, the former Director of the Company resigned from their positions as officers and directors of the Company and James F. Mongiardo was elected as Chief Executive Officer, President, Treasurer, Secretary and sole Director of the Company.
------------------------
Oh! and those blogs and websites that you see when you Google, that tout stem cell research.. most of them are fraudulent. Think about it!! It costs like 40$ to buy your own domain (eg: my-fake-domain-to-peddle-crap.com) and web-space. Then it's just a matter of putting up all sorts of crap. If these guys are screwing patients for 60KUSD and their initial investment is 40USDx10 (10 websites) not to mention all the free web-hosting offered by google/yahoo/blogspot etc.. well.. quite a profitable business! They don't even bother to fake their whois information (whois info is info YOU provide when you buy a web-domain eg: crap.com) No wonder Theravitae (VesCell) is registered in Thailand and uses gmail (free email hosting) for their technical contact. Jeeze! What cheap-skates! Email: mryetun AT  gmail . com (I spaced that because medhelp clobbers emails *grumble*). Do a WHOIS to figure out who owns a domain AND this information can be faked so.. it's shocking that these con-bstrds aren't even bothering to do this!! Ooo and look at this:

Domain Name: VESCELL.COM
      Reseller..............: #1 Cheap Domains
      Created on............: 11 Oct 2004 14:03:19 EST
      Expires on............: 11 Oct 2014 00:03:16 EST
      Record last updated on: 23 Aug 2005 12:03:09 EST
      Status................: ACTIVE

*snicker* Cheap Domains, as their reseller! Compare this vs microsoft.com - nice and studly..

Admin Name........... Administrator .
  Admin Address........ One Microsoft Way
  Admin Address........
  Admin Address........ Redmond
  Admin Address........ 98052
  Admin Address........ WA
  Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
  Admin Email.......... ***@****
  Admin Phone.......... +1.4258828080
  Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Hostmaster .
  Tech Address......... One Microsoft Way
  Tech Address.........
  Tech Address......... Redmond
  Tech Address......... 98052
  Tech Address......... WA
  Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
  Tech Email........... ***@****
  Tech Phone........... +1.4258828080
  Tech Fax.............
If you are uncomfortable with medical claims, I suggest you just ignore the company, simple as that.
I believe someone was arrested in the UK or Europe recently after being sued for giving hope regarding stem cell usage to heart patients. Nothing worked with any of his patients and he is not struck off the medical register. I think the law should be tightened regarding claims about medicines and therapies, there are a lot of desperate/vulnerable people out there.
I didn't read it all but there's so much information given I was beginning to think it was a spam message. Say they hate it but then offer a lot of information for us to look it up ourselves. I almost reported it but didn't in case it was legit.
Hi, I'm very comfortable with medical claims both false and true, because I'm not desperate for a cure. Those posts were meant to inform patients that there are ways to verify the antecedents of a company touting the latest cure. I'm not saying that the stem cell business (as a whole) is fraudulent!! All I'm saying is that NOT ALL stem cell companies are honest in their intent and it behooves us to be careful and diligent in our research. Edgar and WHOIS are FREE tools that help us gather information before shelling out 60K-USD.

As for your suggestion that I "ignore the company" that may be into shady practices..
1.Mathematically speaking, that doesn't work. Eg: "Poison reverse" is a concept that computer networks use to tackle false information. You can Wikipedia that BUT in short it works by permitting a network router to tackle false routing information by actively transmitting correct information vs staying silent. They tried the keep quite routine and it didn't work out..

2. This forum(Medhelp) wouldn't exist if everyone took your advice. After all, taking beta blockers for heart disease is also a medical claim. Patients here discuss a variety of medical claims and decide what claims to trust.. some take beta blockers and some take ACE.. some take both. I don't think very many people on medhelp stay at home like little church mice.. Or to put it more bluntly.. umm.. in a not-unfriendly manner.. You don't seem to be taking your own advice, darn it!

@ed34: yup :), google Susan Watts(she's awesome and cute), BBC and stem cell. They nailed some stinkers in South Africa (Laura Brown - ex-model, ex-Dr.Trossel and Stephen Van Rooyen). Here's the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/susanwatts/2010/09/the_london_doctor_who_carried.html

Mind you I'm all for stem cell cures - I just want to know who's doing it and what his degrees are and which college he passed out of (and I'd check up on all that info) and who his partners are, and what his wife does for a living etc etc..