chest vibration

Last night I had a vibration thing happen in my chest off and on for about 2 hours.  I am almost positive that my pulse was normal just fast (100-110).  It was scary but I didn't panic and my breathing stayed normal.  I have had a panic attack before (full on heart attack thinking kind) and this wasn't like that.  I was just wondering if the heart can be spasming and yet not be arrythmic.  Does that make sense?  Is an anxiety attack and a panic attack the same thing?  (I did post on the anxiety forum too, I just feel like it is a heart related issue so I thought I'd try it here too!!)

I have mentioned that I am heading to Mayo and I would like to go up there with only the relevant chest related issues and although I FEEL like last night was one, I really honestly don't know anymore.

Thanks you all and I hope you have a great weekend.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have experienced this virating and have experimented with it when it happens, If I take deep breaths the vibration stops after a minute, this leads me to believe it has to do with a lack of oxygen to the heart or diaphragm or some mussel somewhere that I can not identify, maybe related to sleep apnea?
Helpful - 0
I am a 65 year old physician with a variety of non-cardiac problems.  I have been having a subtle faint faint vibrating sensation over my left anterior chest. No associated problems when it happens.   Thought my Iphone was buzzing.  
I know enough about medicine that this is not a known or accepted symptom complaint.  I had a stress test a month ago.  Negative.  I keep reading and searching and find nothing mentioned in medical literature.
There is an entity called a thrill and it is a palpable vibration caused by a murmur from valve disease.  I cannot palpate it and I have no known valve disease so the puzzle persists.
Doctors, I am one, dismiss the unknown.  They, we, listen and wonder if need to send this one off to psychiatry.  Or did I miss a chapter or an article last month.  So I am reading and watching and wondering if this is a small vessel in spasm causing a vibrating stimulation of a regional nerve.

Helpful - 0
I've had the "buzzing"/vibrations in my chest on and off for several years, but very consistent for the past few months.  I used to think it was tachycardia but checking my pulse I had to conclude it was not related to my heartbeat. For me, it occurs when I wake and it usually disappears within 30 seconds, although sometimes it starts up again. I had heard about the tissue surrounding the heart becoming electrified, but can't find any info on that. I do very much appreciate the comments and certainly hope it's not heart-related.
Helpful - 0
Hi there,
I too have been having chest vibrations.  They happen only when I am lying down and only when I am lying down on my sides.  I am wondering if this might be some sort of long term reaction to the seasonal flu or h1n1 vaccines.  Have any of you here had any of the vaccines?  
Helpful - 0
Wow!  I've been having small flutters over my heart that feel like my phone is buzzing for about 4 days now.  It happens randomly about 4 times an hour whether I'm lying down, sitting up, walking, bike riding it doesn't matter what I'm doing. I'm so glad I found this forum b/c I was starting to get worried, it's nice to know that several other people have this same experience.  Perhaps it is just a muscle spasm?  I don't drink coffee or tea, I don't have a history of heart disease or any other medical conditions that I'm aware of.  I don't take medication but I have been taking fiber pills and a liver detox pill, I believe it's mostly milk thistle, as a sort of mini-cleanse.  Have any of you been taking supplements?  I'm a 42 year old female.  Thanks!
Helpful - 0
i have been experiencing the vibration sensation in my chest for about two months , more on than off..or as i have described it to a couple of doctors as "I'm purring"  you know purring , like a happy cat..it only happens when lying down and wakes me from a sound sleep.  the first couple of times i couldn't figure out what was shaking the bed..i woke my husband to ask him if he could feel it.he could not and i think thought i was crazy..it was disturbing when i realized it was coming from inside me.  there is no pain,   but it was scary enough to get me to the md.. I have had all the usual heart check out tests and the only thing i know ..happily..is  that my heart is fine..i saw the cardiologist today he has no clue..he ordered a stress echo to rule out any angina as i do have occasional chest tightness but not with exertion just when sitting around doing nothing, so, that is probably a gastro issue  and suggested it could be an esophageal issue.".sort of a twitch as  it is a muscle" he said. like i said he doesn't have a clue.. i am a 58 yr old female..have no other health issues and take no prescribed medications,  menopause causes enough sleep issues by itself now i have this thing waking me up...I haven't found much info on this odd phenomenom but i'm glad to have found all of you folks..its nice to not be tired and frustrated alone..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community