Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

heart disease

I have a catch on the left side of my breast not really a pain, and I have a lump like in my throat like fullness. I do have acid reflex.  no shortness of breath though.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So many of us have different symptoms when it comes to a heart problems and acid reflux. Ed, the above poster, never had shortness of breath but I did. His pain also went away when he was still, mine did not. It goes to show you how very different we are. The best thing to do is see your Dr. You might even want to go to a Med Center to be checked out. Are you taking any meds for the acid reflux, do they help at all if you are?
Helpful - 0
976897 tn?1379167602
The symptoms for acid reflux and heart problems are very similar and often one is mistaken for the other. I spent a whole year on acid reflux medication before having a heart attack. I kept trying to explain that the throat discomfort I had was something I had never experienced in my 46 years of life, but unfortunately that didn't seem to matter. I too never suffered shortness of breath. The key though, was that the symptoms were always brought about by exertion or going out into cold weather. If I stood still, then the symptoms would go away within a few seconds. If the symptoms last a long time when you stand or sit motionless, then it is more likely to be acid reflux. I have to add that ECG's and Ultrasounds revealed nothing odd, which is maybe why I slipped through the net.
Helpful - 0
Shortness of breath is not always part of heart problems. Call your doctor for an appointment.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community

Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1707018272
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.