Heart Health Community
356 Members

Abnormal ecg

I got an abnormal ekg at the hospital the other day they said it was “fast” and my discharge papers say
atrial rate:108
p-r interval: 136
qrs duration: 70
q-t interval:320
qtc calculation (bezet): 428
p axis: 55
r axis:39
t axis: -4    
   Sinus tachycardia, early transition, nonspecific t wave abnormality = abnormal ecg
COMMUNITY LEADER
Not an expert on EKG, but assume the too "fast" means your heart rate.  Which appears to be 108 bpm.  That is higher than normal, but not damaging in itself.  A HR over 100 is considered too fast if measured at rest. Being in the hospital is enough for many of us to have a high HR.  
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.