Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Health Community
360 Members

Question about Intense Heart Palpitations

I'm male, 27 years old, 250 pounds. No history of heart problems in my family. Three days ago I had intense heart palpitations for several hours which I went to the hospital for. I had no pain, numbness or nausea. No symptoms other than the palpitations. I had ECG and blood tests both of which say my heart rhythm is fine, my thyroid is fine, my blood sugar is fine. However, three days later my heart still feels strange, as though it's more sensitive to any physical activity and it's beating louder in my chest than it should be in general.

Should I be worried?

1 Responses
612551 tn?1450022175
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seems you've gotten better heart information from your hospital than you can get here.

Still, you tempt with 250 pounds, did the hospital say anything about your weight?  If you're under 7 feet tall, you weigh too much, I feel I can say.  Loss of excess weight will provide many health benefits including your heart.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.