Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.2k Members

Beta Blocker or Channel Blocker for PVC's related to Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy

im a 38 year old relatively healthy male. I have high blood pressure 145/85ish with high cholesterol. I was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, but it doesnt cause blockage, my heart pumps hard and so that causes a small murmer. Dr gave me 25mg lopressor, but the PVC's that are problematic seem to still come and go. I traveled over seas and procured Topril 50mg, and started taking half a pill twice a day. that seems to help a little bit but i still get the dreaded PVC's when i lay down to sleep and in high stress situations. I also take 12.5mg of ativan before i sleep. when i wake up in the morning no pvc's as the day goes on and towards the evening they start up again. Should i change my meds? any help would be appreciated. I also just started taking red yeast rice for cholesteral and when i excercise it doesnt really have any effects on the pvc's
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318743597
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511085442
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.