Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

Can Sinus Bradycardia get better on it own?

I had posted this question in the Heart Disease forum but then I thought it would be better here...

I was diagnosed with Sinus bradycardia two years ago, I had no symptoms except slow heart beat.  As low as 37 BPM when sleeping.  With exercise it would go up to 120 or so.  My Doctor suggested a pacemaker...I declined at the time because of not having any symptoms.  Anyway, about a month ago after some some exhausting work building a wall in my yard I came into my house.  I was quite thirsty and drank several glasses of water, I was also worn out.  After laying down for several minutes I noticed that my heart was still beating pretty fast.  It stayed higher than normal all night.   I called my Doctor the next day and she gave me a EKG, the results said normal sinus rhythm. My heart rate on my original EKG two years ago was 44 BPM on this one it was 58BPM  The Doctor then gave me a 48 hr. Holter test.  Again the same results, normal sinus rhythm and higher heart rates (60BPH average).  Why would I no longer have Sinus Bradycardia but just a littler slower than normal resting heartbeat.  My Heart Doctor gave me the impression that Sinus Bradycardia would not get better...
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.