A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.2k Members
1149564 tn?1262037296

Did P.O.T.S. cause PAC's?

I'm a 30yr old female that was diagnoised with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (P.O.T.S.) in June of 2009. Since then I have been on a beta blocker (Nadolol), but I only take 10mg which is a small dose, because I have low B/P and the beta blocker lowers it even more. In addition I only weigh 110lbs. Since having P.O.T.S. I have PAC's (consistently) Sometimes I can feel them. I'm not sure if my heart got irriated when I had a few runs of SVT before I was dianoised with P.O.T.S. or what, but it makes me nervous. Will my heart ever go back to a normal rhythm? or am I doomed wth this. I was told that P.O.T.S. can just go away one day or it can get worse. Does that mean my heart can get worse? I don't want these PAC's to turn into atrial fib. I drink lots of water now and even take a daily vitamin the PAC's are still there. Will they ever go away?
1 Responses
363281 tn?1590104173
Hi Glennda~I did a google search, and form what I have just read, it seems that P.O.T.S can cause those horrid PAC's. I understand your nervousness over this, I have PAC's and they scare me silly.

I am not sure if it will go away completely, I know that most folks with PAC's/PVC's have them off and on all the time, they can leave for awhile, but, they usually return, when you least expect it. They are almost always benign however.

PAC's can turn into A-fib, but, usually that happens in folks with high blood pressure, are older, and have a structurally damaged heart. You are on the right track keeping you weight down, and having low blood pressure helps as well.

Have you talked to your cardiologist about this concern? I am very sure he/she will be able to alleviate your fears more than I can. In the meantime, try not to worry, I know, easier said than done, but try, and ask the doctor or his nurse these questions.

Oh, regarding vitamins, I take a lot but, darn it, the PAC's are still with me too I have found one thing that helps, that is a brand of vitamin C with magnesium, calcium and potassium, I take it in crystal form that melts in water, it really seems to help. If I add the herb, Echinacea, it even helps more. I also take the herb called "Hawhorne Berry" this is another helper.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing.
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318743597
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511085442
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.