Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

Heart rate in watch

Hi guys. I have recently gotten a cheap fitness watch (xiaomi mi band 3) since I exercise.I have noticed that it has recorded on ita own without me pressing it I mean sometimes a hr as low as 43/48. Although I have checked it a couple of times especially when I train and it shows low false readings as I compare by hand I still feel a bit scared . I have never felt dizzy or anything else but still worry it might be true..The average is always in the 60's .
1 Responses
15695260 tn?1549596713
Hello and welcome.  It sounds like your watch is not registering very accurately.  I would double check by hand your heart rate when it gives you a reading like that. If you get the same thing that way, then speak to your doctor but this doesn't sound like a reliable device for checking heart rate. https://www.livescience.com/56459-fitness-tracker-heart-rate-monitors-accuracy.html  We wish you the best.
2 Comments
Thank you!
@Sara . Would point out that this low rate registered only on automatic recordings otherwise manually never saw such a low
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.