Heart Rhythm Community

Is 11,000 PVCs a day going to kill me?

My name is Elliott, I am a 31 year old male.

About a month ago I was laying in bed and all the sudden my heart began to THUD in my chest again and again about every 10 seconds or so. This scared me beyond anything I have experienced, I was sure something terrible was happening.

Since then i have ended up in the Emergamcy room 4 times this month with no insurance.

I have been seeing a cardiologist and have done ECG, ECHO and 24 hr holter. Which revealed 11,663 total ectopica or 11.27% ectopic heart beats (PVCs) per day. Some of the in pairs (231) bigeminy (176) trigeminy (67) and (399) supra ventricular beats.

They seem to come on strong the moment I sit down or lay down, but the doctor says I have them all day, so maybe I just don’t notice during the day.

But this is turning my life upside down and throwing me deeper into depression and anxiety every day.

I am currently taking 5mg of bystolic (beta blocker) per day. Haven’t really noticed much of a change so far and I have been taking it for 1.5 weeks. The only change I have noticed is that my heart rate drops I to the low 50s at night sometimes lower. And maybe left symptoms during the days usually after 11am.

i am desperate, if anybody has these issues please reach out or if you have any advice or words for me I would greatly appreciate it .

Thanks everyone
Was your Echo normal?  In an otherwise structurally normal and healthy heart 11k beats is not considered a health issue.  The literature I have read is that the load has to be somewhere near 20k.  It's possible you irritated the heart in some way and the activity will ease up.  they tend to come and go.  I would cut our caffeine if you can and watch spicy foods.  If you have acid reflux take antacids to relieve and stomach distress.  And work on stress and anxiety.  The hormones that are released when we are in a state of stress and anxiety affect the heart.  Those are the big triggers. Hopefully the BP meds help and the activity eases up.  I know how distracting and upsetting they can be but in an otherwise healthy heart you have nothing to be concerned about.  Take care.  
I had ~ 14000 a day for years. Still hiked, xc ski, backpacked. Got rid of them with taurine, l-carnitine, l-arginine (500 mg each/day), 2 weeks to see improvement, gone in 4 weeks.