Waking up with body vibrations

I am wondering if anyone has ever felt the following:  Almost every night I fall asleep normally only to suddenly wake up 20-30 minutes later with these feeling of vibration throughout my whole body.  MY heart seems slightly irregular and has the feeling like it wants to start racing.  Sometimes it does, most times it just beats strongly.  The vibrating feeling throughout my body is disconcerting.  I put my hand out to see if I'm actually shaking.  I am slightly but nothing in comparison to what I feel internally.  It last up to 5 minutes, then eventually I fall asleep, only to wake again after 20-30 minutes.  This can happen up to 5-7 times a night.  Eventually I fall asleep and fall into the regular REM sleep.
Any thoughts?  Thank you all.  
PS.  I do not drink alcohol, smoke nor take caffeine.
Not sure if anyone's interested but the endocrinology reports are back.  My catecholamines are normal, so there is no excess adrenaline flowing in my body causing PVC's or body vibrations.  All else is within normal range except for my iron which is at the bottom of the normal range.  Minerals, hormones, thyroid are all normal.  So I can scratch these things off the "Blame" list.
I'm just left with my skippy heart.
Shrink next!
I have also been having the vibrations for about 7 months now.  I had an ekg monitor i had to wear for a month and the report came back normal.  A cardiologist did a stress echo and that was normal.  I wake up at least 3 nights a week with my whole body vibrating.  It feels like waking up on a washing machine during spin cycle.  These episodes may last up to 15 mins but most of the time just 2 or 3 mins.  I may go 10 days without having one...... alcohol and caffiene seem to have no correlation to the episodes.  I am 33 yrs old and in perfect health.  I know it's not my imagination and my doctors are baffled.  How can doctors not know what is causing this...obviously there are alot of us experiencing this.
Have you heard of the Hum? Google it. Caused by electromagnetic field created RF when the smart grid was turned on in 2006. It plagues me day and night and manifests as a vibration through my body keeping me awake. Only a select few actually feel/hear it. There is a Hum Forum on Yahoo and a world map of people afflicted around the globe. I also had my ears and heart checked. It came back normal.  I am desperate. I will probably have to move to the outer Hebrides!
Hi do you still experience waking up vibrations please?
I agree, it's a very common condition and I cannot believe why the doctors cannot explain it.

I believe I get them more often with Zyrtec (antihistamine) but I'm really not sure. I think it's completely benign tremors.
So crazy. I have been waking up in the morning experiencing this body humming/vibration. It only started a few weeks ago and doesn’t happen every day but when it does I feel like it wakes me out of a sound sleep. I try falling back to sleep and as I do it almost feels more intense and wakes me again. I started taking Zyrtec about 2 months ago and that was the first thing I thought of that was causing it.  
Yowee! I can't believe there are so many other people out there expreriencing the same body vibrations.  I feel them in my upper body but have disc disease in my neck and spine which I had a recent lumber fusion and laminectomy of my L5/6 dics.  I thought the vibrations were maybe caused by this. Now am not so sure.  My vibrations don't always accompany tachycardia but when they do they are far worse.  Am almost convinced they are anxiety related to my SVT as there have been times when I've been able to talk myself out of them (vibrations) by using calming breathing and repeatedly telling myself that even if I'm experiecing SVT that I'm not likely to die and that I will be alright.  Certainly when I've had a few bad days in a row of SVT, the vibrations are intense when trying to lie down or sleep in anticipation of the long night ahead.  

I think it's incredible that we are all a link in helping strangers that we are in confiding, sharing, caring and encouraging on a condition/s that none of us asked for and have little control of.  I don't feel a freak anymore.  SVT and it's accompaning vasovagal syndrome  almost took my life because I was isolated and afraid to go anywhere or do anything fearing an "attack."  Well to hell with the next one, I'm going to enjoy what ever and where ever regardless!  I've stayed at home too long. All the best out there x
I get what I call Butterfly feeling in chest/body. It could also be discribed as vibration's as well. It's almost like a shacky feeling but you cant see me shacking as it's inturnal feeling. It's the most commen discription of palitation that I have read of both from people experiancing them or discription or palpitaion as well.

I'm not 100% sure but it's the most commen discription that often has has no serious heart condiction casuing it. it's also the most commen discription that people with anxiety disorder's discribe. I spent a lot of time on anxiety web site.
I had this vibration thing for several years, while I was going through menopause, and it would wake me from sleep a lot. Occasionally I had them during the day too.  And that was before I had these darn PVCs. Eventually, the internal vibration stopped. I don't know whether stress triggered it, or something else. But it did go away.

You are reading content posted in the Heart Rhythm Community