Best Treatment for HBv

I am 53 years old last month I have went for preventive health check up and based on the report findings the followings noted; SGOT 83 IU/L ,SGPT 200 IU/L , Doctor recmended me to see the Gastro.consultant , the gastro.consultant advised me to go for others test the result are as follows: Anti-dsDNA 16.6 IU/ml. , HBsAg test value 9520(Reactive) ,HCV,IgG test value 0.12 ( non Reactive) ,Anti Nuclear Antibody ( ANA) 0.12 , Immunoglobulin IgA 279 mg/dl , Tissue Transglutaminase antibody IgA 0.40 U/mL , Anti Mitochondrial Antibody , Serum 0.26 UL/ml , ASMA 2.70 U/mL , LKM Antibody 0.02 U/ml , Hepatitis B envelope Antibody test value (Ab) 43.0 ( Reactive) , Hapatitis Be Antigen ( HBeAg) 0.15 ( Non reactive),AFP 4.38ng/ml  , HBV DNA Quantitative,Real Time PCR 5156250 IU/ml. Based on this the Doctor advised me for the treatment  Tab.Entavir 0.5 mg one daily. Here i went for second opinion with Lever specialist consultant and he advised me to go for Fibroscan which the result is 5.91 Kpa ( Negative for fibrosis).Now the lever specialist advised for Viraferon Peg 80 mg once in a week and monitor CBC & S creatin every 15 days.I have not started the treatment yet as I am going out of India for 1.5 months as Doctor told me that this treatment will be given under there supervision , please suggest which treatment is suitable under these report.Also with vaccine this problem will be solved and how long i have to take this treatment.
Best Answer
only if hbsag goes less than 1500iu/ml peginterferon add on before 3 years of antiviral makes sense
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No I am not visiting ILBS..
Helpful - 0
I Sundeep Kaushik (32M) got to know about this disease when i was going to donate blood at Rotary Blood Bank.

Reports as on 22/12/13
HBV DNA Repots - 1,04,78,275

LFT -
SGPT 90
SGOT 50
ALP 73
(REST IS NORMAL IN LFT)

HBsAg - 279.3
HBeAg - 34.82

Going through with homeopathic treatment

LFT Report as on 1/3/14
SGPT - 108
SGOT - 39

NOW MY QUESTION IS THAT
MY TREATMENT IS GOING IN RIGHT DIRECTION OR NOT?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET RID OF THIS DISEASE?
Helpful - 0
HBsAg - 279.3

this test is useless and done by an obsolete machine, numbers without units are useless and meanless whatsoever
retest hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by abbott architect or roches elecsys
Helpful - 0
hello sir,
my age is 42yrs old last 7months back my lft isnormal readings when i repaeated the lft rpeorts sgot 46 and sgpt 90 dr advised for test i.e ultrasoound scan and hbv dna viral load  ( kindly note :my hbasg detected in the year 2009 and but in the year 2002 earlier in the hbasg was negative and vaccine taken 3doses)
the results are
scanning report :- liver is 15.5cm and enlarged with fatty changes portal vein measures 9mm.
hbv dna viral load  by srl lab Bangalore (head office Mumbai) 18600  IU/ML
MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
HEPATITIS B VIRUS DNA QUANTITATIVE
HBV VIRALLOAD BY TAQ MAN IU/ML 18600
METHOD : COBAS AMPLIPREP/COBAS TAQMAN
Comments
*****
KINDLY NOTE :THE HBV VIRAL LOAD CAN BE EXPRESSED AS LOG 4.27 AND THE CALCULATED VALUE IS 107880CPS/ML (CONVERSION FACTOR:1IU/ML=5.8 CPS/ML

kindly help what to do, iam  going to visit the doctor this week Thursday or Friday. st johns hospital Bangalore gastroenterologist .  iam bachelor plan to marry bu doctor  advised go ahead  with vaccine with wife   and confirm vaccine worked or not , then go for a  child  supposed if infected to your wife  you  can have 100% protection to the child  there is a treatment
Helpful - 0
i visted today viral load 18600 world wide doctors will not prescibe any antiviral medicine  if it is more than 20,000 then only required.
he advised to take heptral 400mg for 3tabs one vitmain e one daily for one months
any how i purchased heptral purchased but is too costly in bangalore and started medicine
and dr adivsied to repaet lft test fter one month revist me exaclty one onths iwht lft reports
Helpful - 0
ok those tests were baseline before therapy, now you need to retest hbsag quant in iu/ml and hbvdna at the 3rd month of therapy, at the 6th and then at 1 year
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?