Best Treatment for HBv

I am 53 years old last month I have went for preventive health check up and based on the report findings the followings noted; SGOT 83 IU/L ,SGPT 200 IU/L , Doctor recmended me to see the Gastro.consultant , the gastro.consultant advised me to go for others test the result are as follows: Anti-dsDNA 16.6 IU/ml. , HBsAg test value 9520(Reactive) ,HCV,IgG test value 0.12 ( non Reactive) ,Anti Nuclear Antibody ( ANA) 0.12 , Immunoglobulin IgA 279 mg/dl , Tissue Transglutaminase antibody IgA 0.40 U/mL , Anti Mitochondrial Antibody , Serum 0.26 UL/ml , ASMA 2.70 U/mL , LKM Antibody 0.02 U/ml , Hepatitis B envelope Antibody test value (Ab) 43.0 ( Reactive) , Hapatitis Be Antigen ( HBeAg) 0.15 ( Non reactive),AFP 4.38ng/ml  , HBV DNA Quantitative,Real Time PCR 5156250 IU/ml. Based on this the Doctor advised me for the treatment  Tab.Entavir 0.5 mg one daily. Here i went for second opinion with Lever specialist consultant and he advised me to go for Fibroscan which the result is 5.91 Kpa ( Negative for fibrosis).Now the lever specialist advised for Viraferon Peg 80 mg once in a week and monitor CBC & S creatin every 15 days.I have not started the treatment yet as I am going out of India for 1.5 months as Doctor told me that this treatment will be given under there supervision , please suggest which treatment is suitable under these report.Also with vaccine this problem will be solved and how long i have to take this treatment.
Best Answer
only if hbsag goes less than 1500iu/ml peginterferon add on before 3 years of antiviral makes sense
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thnkyou
HBSAG QUANT IN IU/ML in bangalore test facilities are not there only LFT and hbv dna
heptral 400mg and vitmain e started medicine to take.

i request go to latest artice for hepatitis b cure
here is the article
Hepatitis B virus infection: Degradation of viral DNA in the cell nucleus is opening up new treatment possibilities
21 February 2014 Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen - German Research Centre for Environmental Health
Scientists from the Helmholtz Zentrum München and the Technische Universität München have discovered how the viral DNA of the hepatitis B virus (HBV) can be degraded in the cell nucleus of liver cells, consequently allowing the virus to be eliminated. Viruses such as HBV can persist by depositing their genetic information (DNA) in the cell nucleus, where the DNA is normally not degraded. This prevents antiviral drugs from eliminating these viruses. But the newly discovered mechanism could make this possible without damaging the infected cell in the liver. In the current issue of the prestigious journal 'Science', the scientists report that now new therapeutic possibilities are consequently opening up.
Although preventive vaccination is possible, the World Health Organization (WHO) reports that more than 240 million people around the world are currently suffering from a chronic hepatitis B infection. They face a high risk of developing liver cirrhosis or even liver cancer. In Germany alone, more than half a million people are affected. Although available antiviral medicines can control the hepatitis B virus, they cannot completely eliminate it. As a result, the HBV in the patient's liver is reactivated as soon as the treatment is discontinued.
This is due to virus DNA (cccDNA: covalently closed circular DNA) "hidden" in the cell nucleus. This virus DNA stores multiple copies of the virus in the nucleus of infected liver cells (hepatocytes) and in this way protects itself from destructive influences. The cccDNA serves as a template for the virus' own proteins and new viral genomes. An international team of scientists headed by Prof. Ulrike Protzer and Prof. Mathias Heikenwälder, Institute of Virology at the Helmholtz Zentrum München and the Technische Universität München, has now found a way to selectively attack and eliminate the viral genetic information in the cell nucleus of the liver cells without damaging the host cell in the process.
"The degradation of viral DNA in the cell nucleus that we describe represents an important mechanism in the defence against the virus", Protzer reports. "Moreover, for the first time, the results offer the possibility to develop a treatment that can heal hepatitis B."
The scientists have discovered that in addition to interferons (the immune system's defence agents), activation of the lymphotoxin β receptor in the host cell promotes certain proteins and supports their function in such a way that they chemically modulate and degrade viral cccDNA. This keeps the virus from reactivating, and also prevents the disease from breaking out again, even after the treatment has ended. On the other hand, the proteins do not influence the genetic information of the host cell itself, which here is the liver cell. "With the activation of the lymphotoxin β receptor, also combined with substances that are already available, we have a very promising new therapy concept available", Heikenwälder explains.
In addition to the Helmholtz Zentrum München and the Technische Universität München (TUM), TUM's Klinikum rechts der Isar and the Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Mainz and Munich university hospitals also participated in the publication. International partners from Belgium, France, Switzerland and the USA also contributed.
The research was supported by the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF).
http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/en/news/press-releases/2014/press-release/article/23568/index.html
Helpful - 0
Hi Stef2011

I am in 3rd month therapy & recently done the test please find the report:
27/4/2014 = HBsag ( Quantitative) CMIA - 8612.42 IU/ml. { Base line was 7767.68IU/ml dated 28/1/2014 }

27/4/2014 = HBV DNA ( Quantitative, Real Time PCR)  - 33181 IU/ml. { Base line was 5156250 IU/ml dated 10/12/2013 }

Liver function test dated 27/4/2014 - AST 40 U/L , ALT ( SGPT) - 65 U/L , GGTP 29 U/L , ALP - 143 U/L , Total protein - 7.10 g/dl ,

Complete blood count dated 27/4/2014 - Hemoglobin 17.20 g/dl , PCV - 52% , RCB count 5.68 mill/mm3 , MCV 91.60 fl , MCH 30.30 pg ,MCHC 33.10 g/dl , RDW - 14.30% , TLC 5.80 thou/mm3 .

I am taking one tablet Teravir 300mg ( tenofovir)  daily.
Please look into the report & suggest.

Thank you,

Helpful - 0
Hi Stef

Sorry one correction on HBsAG ( Quantitative )  report the result now is 6821.40 IU/ml instead mentioned in the earlier as 8612.42 IU/ml

Helpful - 0
too early to say anything, antivirals take years to have a real effect on clearance of infected cells.it is good hbsag is going down if it ever reaches 1000-1500iu/ml you can consider pegintf add on before 3 years of tdf
Helpful - 0
Hi Stef

Thanks for your revert , yes i can understand its long process . I shall continue with the current therapy and will do the test after every 3 months completion.
Thank you,
Helpful - 0
hi dear,
last three month back hbv dna quantitative is 18,600 iu/ml ,  lft was sgot 40,sgpt 90 scanning shown with enlarged  fatty liver with 15.5cms and my body weight was 94kg and dr advised heptral 400mg for one month  and repeat lft tests with weight reduce

after one month sgot went to 53, sgpt 88  weight  was one kg reduced and adv for 6weeks same treatment with heptral 400mg

after 6wks my health was upset with one side head rotating feeling dr adv vertigo treatment and almost cleared went for diabetic check  in blood and urine  urine was nil and blood test shown i am diabetic patience   and further audio meter check for right ear and found nerve weak and upto 40db can't ear and adv for tablet for ear nerve strength   why was telling this, doubt whether heprtal 400mg create any side effects on body.
further on 5june2014 my lft done sgot was 80 and sgpt was 155, body weight was 88kg  and  due to this value last 3months back hbv dna was 18600 iu/ml gastroenteritis dr  come to conclusion that my body was reduced  94kg to 88kg and heptral 400mg not responded  and  my viral maybe  increased further and not to delay  started.  tenofoivir  300mg daily in morning after 2hrs eating. reapet lft after 6weeks
kindly  suggest whether iam in right right direction treatment.

hemanth
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?