HBV DNA Test for early detection ? is it worth the money

Hello friends,

I am planning to take HBV DNA test after a recent exposure.(3 months ago). I took multiple hbsag tests and all are negative till this point. most of the experts here say that the test window is 6 months. I cannot wait for another 3 months.the wait is killing me. Is it worth taking the HBV DNA test and put the entire thing to rest. also If i take the vaccine now will it have any impact on DNA test.

no, hbcab igm is more than enough and as long as hbsag is negative you can take vaccine

thank you for your reply. is the 3 month negative of hbc igm and hbsag encouraging.I will definitely get a vaccine.
also could you please tell me which one appears first 1)hbsag or virus dna . Thanks so much

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.