Avatar universal

HBV DNA Test for early detection ? is it worth the money

Hello friends,

I am planning to take HBV DNA test after a recent exposure.(3 months ago). I took multiple hbsag tests and all are negative till this point. most of the experts here say that the test window is 6 months. I cannot wait for another 3 months.the wait is killing me. Is it worth taking the HBV DNA test and put the entire thing to rest. also If i take the vaccine now will it have any impact on DNA test.

1 Responses
Avatar universal
no, hbcab igm is more than enough and as long as hbsag is negative you can take vaccine

thank you for your reply. is the 3 month negative of hbc igm and hbsag encouraging.I will definitely get a vaccine.
also could you please tell me which one appears first 1)hbsag or virus dna . Thanks so much
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.