Hepatitis B titer and alcohol

Does alcohol hepatitis effect the results of a Hep B titer?  Thanks for your help.
welll if you have the vaccine then no it doesnt.. if you are vaccinated , titers should show antibodies.. alcohol is bad for you health regardless

good luck
It may increase your ALT and AST.
I don't have the vaccine, I'm getting the titer for school.  I didn't know if the Hep B titer only checked for the virus or overall liver health.    Not a big drinker but I went out to a friends get together the night before the blood test and had some drinks.    thank you for the answers.
well, then i would do the test not just for school but for the same of knowing and living at ease.. it is a good time to get vaccinated ofcourse.. better safe than sorry so ask for the vaccine when you go in .

also as mentioned in cajim's reply, drinking alcohol raise the level of your liver panel's ALT and AST.

hepB titer tests for the presence of antibodies for hep B and thats is why i assumed you were vaccinated before. if your work or school required over all health then a simple blood test including liver panel would have done the job .

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.