Question about acute, chronic and inactive carriers

Hello everyone,
I apologize if this is a really basic question, but I’m tired and frustrated and trying to find some information (which only leaves me more confused). Here’s my situation in a nutshell:

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with acute hep b, which the doctor said she most likely got while in SE Asia 3 or so months ago. I tested negative and began the vaccination. I’m well aware that there’s still a chance I could contract it from her during the acute phase, but that’s not what my question is about.

My question relates to the differences between acute, chronic and inactive hep b. From what I’ve read, 90% or more of adults who catch hbv clear the virus within 6 months, the other 10% develop chronic infection and have a 1 to 2% chance each year to clear the virus (hopefully I got that all right).

So where do the inactive carriers fit into this? Are they also considered chronic hep b sufferers? If my girlfriend falls into the normal 90% and clears her infection within 6 months, could she still potentially be an inactive carrier? Do people who clear the virus during the acute phase still have a chance of “reactivation”?

Again, I’m sorry for what I’m guessing is such a basic question, I just can’t find an answer that makes sense to me anywhere.
So where do the inactive carriers fit into this?

--People with HBV but are very very stable.

Are they also considered chronic hep b sufferers?

--Yes.

If my girlfriend falls into the normal 90% and clears her infection within 6 months, could she still potentially be an inactive carrier?

--No.

Do people who clear the virus during the acute phase still have a chance of “reactivation”?

--No.
Thanks for the quick and pithy response, cajim. That was exactly the type of response I was looking for!
Cajim, sorry quick followup.  If my liver enzyme tests (ALT, AST, etc) are all normal, but I tested HBsAg Positive, is there a good chance I'm "inactive chronic hep b" (per Post above?  any chance of it being acute (my wish!)?  Many thanks :)

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.