Hepatitis C Community

Antibody negative in jan and positive in October

Hello all! My first post of many in sure. I had a full STD panel done in February, not from any particular occurrence but manly from a nervous break down and all clear, negative, or non-reactive. Well I had another done this past week and came back Hep-c value 1.31 > 1.0....... I'm scared to death, I have an appointment with my GP Thursday. Will someone please give me some hope or comfort? I'm not s drug user, I'm heterosexual, did get a shady tattoo back in '03 or '04. Please ease my mind and give hope !

Ps: how can I change my profile name?
Hi. Sorry I can't help you with changing your log on name. While the "shady" tattoo is a risk factor, you would  have been antibody positive a long time ago had you been infected then. My best advise is to get an RNA test done (viral load test) and see if you have the actual virus. However, your signal-to-cutoff ratio is barely >1 so the likliehood that this is a false positive is quite high. My best to you.
Thank you for speedy reply! That is what I have been told and hoping ! It is awful close to the cut-off. I haven't been in any situation that would put me in harm of HCV since my last test in jan-feb
Hi you can change your name by contacting the moderators
Go to the bottom of the page under support click on contact us and
ask them if they can change your namge
Good luck
D