CT of abdomen

I completed 48 wks Interferon 5 years ago and had a cholecystectomy 7 years ago. I have some nausea, upper gastric pain, diarrhea and loss of appetite. I had a CT of abd. which shows dilated intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile ducts no lesion. Would the Hep C have caused this or the cholecystectomy? Should I have further work up?
Thanks so much
proud48
When you did your tx, did you have a biopsy first? Do you know the extent of the damage to your liver back then? Yes, Hep C could have caused that damage. Did you do the 6 month PCR after tx to make sure you achieved SVR? If not, you should get a viral load done to make sure you are still clear.

Diane
I did have one it was stage 2. My PCR was SVR at 3, 6 and last month. I have lost some weight and feeling very bad lately and having some upper pain and dirrahea.
What I meant by last month is June 2010 I was still SVR.
Stage 2 isn't that much damage. That's what I am and they didn't mention anything about dilated bile ducts.

I think you should definitely get checked by your doctor. Something is going on.

Hope things get better.
Diane
Hello again,
I just got out my specimen report when I had the cholecystectomy 2004 and had an open biopsy of my liver and they never mentioned the dilated the bile ducts in that report. Just stage 2 and recommended immediate treatment. I started Interferon 3 months later. I am worried and will see my doctor when he returns from surgery in a couple of weeks. Are you a medical person??. I am trying to not look at the web but I did not see anything good aobut my CT findings so just trying to figure out what is wrong??  I don't understand where the inflammation is coming from with SVR.
Thanks again!

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community