Confused on which treatment to take..

Help I'm confused on which treatment to take some of the doctors never heard of geno 4d?
Could you try to give us a little more information? What do you mean by "which treatment to take?" Are you being offered different treatments? Which treatments are they? If you can pose your questions with more detail, I'm sure you'll get a response.
I just wanted to add that the drugs used for different genotypes are the same drugs, the difference lies in the length of treatment.

genotype 4 is generally treated like genotype 1
What part of the world are you in? Genotype 4 is not that common in the U.S.A.

That said, I would think that any hepatologist worth their salt not only have heard of your genotype but are up to speed on how to treat it.

Are you seeing a hepatologist (liver specialist) or just a family doctor or gastro? Try and find a hepatologist which can usually be found at your larger, teaching hospitals at least here in the States.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community