HCV RNA Test are confusing me?

Friends,

As i mentioned earlier that my HCV Genotype was 3 & had 6 months pegasys therapy.

After 7 months of my therapy (ends)

The first PCR(HCV RNA QUANTITIVE) was done by a well reputed path lab named Super Religare Lab ltd,Mumbai.
Which showed negative with non detectable limits.

After one month I had my PCR test from a Lab named LAB-AID,Dhaka Bangladesh.

It's confusing.Which showed the viral load as:
HCV RNA: POSITIVE
HCV RNA IN IU/ml:4.7x10(7)
HCV RNA COPIES :1.9X1(9)

Now i sent the blood again to Super Religare Lab ltd,Mumbai.
Also sent to National university hospital Singapore for same test.

But my hepatlogist wants to continue monotherapy knowing the ALT,AST result.(elevated)

Would you please advice me?

thank you

dhksaife
I personally would first find out if you had a relapse. Meaning that the hepatitis c came back after treatment and that it was not a false result.

I'm very sorry if this happened to you, but if you have relapsed, you would need to treat again, if you want to get rid of the illness.

You will have to do something different than on the first treatment. Genotype 3 is often not as easy to treat, as they make it sound.

Here are just a few ideas on how to treat a genotype 3 more successfully.

1. Weight based dose of Ribavirin. (not the old fashioned way of 800mg per day, unless one is in that wieght category)

2. you might need to treat longer the second time

3. It is VERY important to get PCR's while you are treating. A PCR after 4 weeks of treating (the day before or on the morning of your 5th shot, but BEFORE taking the shot) This PCR is very important in determining how long one should treat.

Could you please let us know how much medication you were taking and what the condition of your liver is?

I would not do monotherapy unless there was a special reason for this. Do you have cirrhosis? Did you have a liver biopsy? What is the state of your liver.

I truly hope that your results come back negative!

Marcia

I was not aware of your other thread. I have just read through it and you have explained everything already. And you got some good replies, so please disregard my comment.

I really hope and pray that the second test you got was some kind of mixup!

God bless,

marcia

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community