The first tip off that you don't have HCV is your signal to cutoff score of 1.1. That is extremely low and is indicative of a false positive. You are worrying needlessly. Viral load tests find minute virons and if none is detected 2-3 weeks after exposure, you can be 99.9% sure you are hep C free. Relax and enjoy the weekend.
Hepatitis C is a very specialized education. Many doctors don't know or understand the tests, treatment etc etc etc. FYI: Hepatitis C isn't going to appear again unless you are re infected by someone who has Hepatitis C.
You don't have Hepatitis C. Either does Alexis0321.
The people here who answer your question all have had and been cured of Hepatitis C. We have been on this forum for years and understand Hepatitis C and the testing involved.
It doesn't matter how many ways you ask a question. And believe me we
have been asked many different ways. I referenced a link above showing
this exact kind of conversation which resulted in the closure of the thread.
You don't have Hepatitis C and this is just aggressive worrying that isn't
healthy. Celebrate you don't have Hepatitis C. There are many that do and would love to hear they don't.
Hrsepwrguy is one of the most knowledgeable people on here. You do not have HCV.
What kind of doctor are you seeing? Most GP's know very little about HCV.
My GP did not even know that low platelets were a result of the HCV and Cirrhosis.
That was why as soon as I was found to be positive I was sent to a hepatologist.
Good luck to both of you.
"confirmed by ELISA" = confirmed by RIBA
Where do you think they find the people for the studies you are reading about, they have a known exposure and are completely EIA positive, like 11.0 positive also confirmed by ELISA and at least 1 positive PCR, then they are studied through the acute phase (tested by PCR at least weekly), what do you think they do, intentionally infect someone with HCV for the study, common sense will get you along way.
I have read all the studies and researched HCV testing for a couple of years because I was HCV positive, NEITHER OF YOU HAVE HCV THE PCR's ARE CONCLUSIVE
Hrsepwrguy, thank you for giving us detailed information. But I believe our concern is that wether or not the virus load fluctuate too much duribg the ACUTE STAGE that become undetectable (lower then the detection limit
One thing you two need to understand, if you did contract HCV and were fighting it off through your own immune system, your antibody score would though the roof, not weakly positive.
Neither of you have HCV, the PCR's are conclusive
Wow, sorry to hear about all the confusing tests! From what I have read, there are many things that can cause a false positive, like a sickness, or antibodies to something else (chicken pox or vaccines we've received) and the PCR is the most sensitive. It seems that everyone on here says that if the PCR is negative, you don't have the virus, and it doesn't seem to matter when it was taken. I hope that is the case for both of us. It is scary to read that the virus may fluctuate in the acute phase, and it wasn't reassuring that my doc said it isn't definitive and that it may not show up yet. :/ Your doctor seems to think you are negative at 16 weeks? That's good news. I am trying to take the advice of the knowledgeable people on here and think that the PCR is correct at 13.5 weeks. I wish my doctor agreed and isn't making me think the PCR is a false negative.
You don't have Hepatitis C!!!
AST and ALT up and down for many reasons. Your doctor may want to recheck those values. I would find out the exact values and talk to your doctor about a AST/ALT recheck. Again, you don't have Hepatitis C.
Thank you. I went and read some other posts and from some of your responses, I have already felt better. I guess the positive antibody test and my doctor saying it hasn't been long enough has scared me after reading that the virus can fluctuate, etc. Thank you for your timely response. :)
My liver levels were also elevated, but I had a lot of events and had been drinking most weekends prior to the test. I'm not sure if that could be the cause, but the numbers were at 400 and 100 for AST and ALT if I remember correctly. That also concerned my doctor. Thanks for any information, the people that respond on here seem very knowledgeable and helpful.
You don't have Hepatitis C. The CDC is right. You have nothing to worry about. Again, you don't have hepatitis C.
FYI: A needle stick is about a 2% chance of exposure. And that's if the person had hep c. So a 98% chance you weren't exposed.