From what you've posted,I believe the hcv rna quant pcr's are the same. Looks like your viral load is definitely higher now, of course vl will flucuate wildly...Your vl was very low in April @ 36,300..pro
PS: I'm guessing you are not tx-ing currently?
No i'm AFRAID to start treatment @ the moment, my doctor wants to start me on Pegasus & co- Pegasus, i'm 26 yr M prior to my results in april, they were 3000000 back in 05, can they really fluctuate like that?
Sorry, that was a response/question
VL's do flucuate, but going from 3m to 36k to 2m is beyond wild...Are you positive about the 36k number?
110% I was so amazed & so was the doctor. Do you have HCV?
Are you currently on any treatment?
If so how are you handling it?
Perhaps HR will spot your thread and comment on your vl's..Yep, currently treating, week 58 of 72..It's a long haul, but I'm still here to talk about it ....;^)pro
Thanks, I'm in desperate need of motivation, If you don't mind me asking what is your Geno type? mine is 4d, when my doctor saw that he told me "i've never treated anyone with that particular geno type" that spoke me a little, do you know anything about 4d?
I'm a 1 A...don't know much about geno 4's....'cept the recent Alinia trials were on geno 4's, so that may be very good news for you to consider...best of luck
Do you know of any web-site were I could research "Alinia " ?
Have you had a biopsy yet? How much liver damage do you have?
I ask because if you don't have significant liver damage, you have time to wait. But if you're set on treating now, another strategy is to treat when you viral load is at a low point, as low pre-tx viral load is associated with a succesful outcome. It's quite possible that a month or two from now, your viral load might drop back down again. If so, that would be an ideal time to treat. Of course, such a strategy involves getting your meds in advance, having monthly viral load tests and finding a liver specialist willing to go along.
well fortunately I work with a gastrointestinal physician, who is helping me get through this, & he told me I really didn't need to do a biopsy because of the short time gap between now & back to when I was diagnosis, also having normal ALT levels helped him in making that decision, I will definitely look into your advice & discuss with him, Oh by the way have you ever heard of birth deformation while being on hcv meds? Is there really such side affect?
One of the treatment drugs, the Ribavirin (Copegus) can cause birth defects. For this reason, you cannot get someone pregnant during treatment or for six months post treatment. Two forms of birth control are therefore advised.
See www.copegus.com That will give you more information about the effects of copegus (ribavirin). You will see that there is a significant warning about pregnancy while under the influence of the stuff. If you are of the female persuasion and contemplate baby making, you might consider think over all options and timing. Although there is certainly life and birth after treatment, treatment and the subsequent waiting time after treatment could be a consideration. But, I don't know nothin bout birthin babies.
Ooops, finally notices that "M". Might add, that treatment itself is a form of birth control.
Thanks for all your reply s I've been away for a couple of days. I'm so glad to have found this web site, because besides my doctor I had nobody else to speak to bout Hep C.