Results

I just receieved my results from a Hep B C test it was >11.0 High S/CO Ratio 0.0- 0.9 does anyone know exactly what this means..??
It appears you’ve tested positive (reactive) for a Hep C (HCV) antibody test. This suggests that you were exposed to the HCV virus at one time. About 20% of patients will go on to clear the virus with their own immune response within the first six months of infection; the others will develop chronic disease.

These results should be followed up with either a ‘RIBA’ test that will confirm the presence of antibodies, or preferably a HCV RNA test that checks for the presence of active virus. Have you had other tests done as well? If liver enzyme tests were done, they might also give a clue as to your status as well.

Hopefully, the follow up test will be negative; good luck with everything—

Bill
Thanks for answering. I had posted this question on the other side. I knew he reacted positive for antibodies but wasnt aware thats all the tests that were done. I told him more testing must be done asap.I thought he had more tests done, but not.

Thanks alot
Charm
Hi Charming One :o)! I hope your friend has good results with the follow up tests; great to see you posting. Are things settling down for you now that you’re finished with treatment?

Take care—

Bill
Hi ! Thanks for asking. Yes settling down....hard to get back to life again..didnt think it would be so strange. However after 55 lovely weeks (arggg) Im on my way.
Now anticipating my 6 month PCR in June. (Bleah!)

I just keep on praying....
Hope you are well and living life.
Thanks for everything.

Charm:}

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community