Hernia Community
293 Members

What was the treatment for your hernia?

Hernia treatment can be conservative (such as observation and support with trusses) if the hernia is not affecting your daily routine or does not cause severe pain. Curative treatment consists of surgery. Laparoscopic surgery has taken the place of traditional hernia surgery for some of the abdominal hernias. Herniorrhaphy is the surgical repair of a hernia.
i have pain in left side
I have hernia problem. I think a lot about preventing because of my Hernia problem. Now, I have controlled it with a simple method. first of all I find a resins ball approximately size of my navel or some bigger than it. Then I glued it to a elastic and fasten it around my navel. So far so good. Maybe if I spend more time with it ,it totally disappears.
Actually over the last two weeks, I found that there was a swelling at the left groin. This morning I went to the clinic and the doctor diagnosed that I am having a hernia.
I was told by 2 different doctors not to worry about my hernia as they do not repair these any more in the absence of pain. This seems counter intuitive to me.
My son had a hernia in the groin area. He had surgery 3 months ago. Now he is saying that on the other side of his groin he is feeling discomfort. I wonder if he could have another hernia on the other side.
I had a paraesophageal hiatal hernia with most of my stomach up in my chest cavity pressing on my left lung and heart. I had robotic surgery with the stomach moved back in the abdomen and a LINX device placed around my esophagus.
My brother has an inoperable hernia due to heart and lung issues. A previous surgery with mesh, many years ago, has failed with the intestines pushing into the groin area. He can't walk without holding this mass up. We are searching for any medical device that would support the mass without pushing in and putting pressure on it. The pain is unbearable for him. And even the most specialized physicians say that surgery is impossible. Of course we all know that one twist of the intestines and it is over for him.
I had a right inguinal hernia and since I'm young, my family and doctors suggested I should go for open surgery to save cost and that I will recover soon. One day before operation I was admitted in the hospital for all the check up and morning 8 AM operation time got fixed. They gave anesthesia injection on lower spinal cord and covered my face with cloth so I don't see and feel afraid during the operation. Then at one point I asked the nurse if the operation was over or not started yet, because I didn't feel anything but I couldn't move my legs, and she said it was over. After the operation I was very cold. That they evening I was told to walk and I slowly started walking but had a lot of pain. After having an injection for pain and sleep, it lasted only 3 hours, and I got up at night and didn't sleep the entire night. Next day morning I started walking and came home. After 10 days I went for checkup and everything was ok, and till now no problem I'm perfectly fine.
I had a 5 cm hernia repair on Nov 6th, 2019. I have done rather well with the surgery that included hernia mesh but now it is August 2020 and I feel a knot above my navel. I stay so bloated and my back hurts so bad. I go this Friday for a CT scan and an MRI because I have a knot above my navel. I am so scared. Wonder if there is anyone out there that has survived a 2nd surgery. Keep in mind I have a lot of this mesh inside my abdomen. I am just so scared.