Herpes Community

HSV-1 encephalitis???

I think I may have both oral and genital HSV-1 (waiting for the blood test). Can having HSV-1 both orally and genitally make herpesviral encephalitis likely? Am I overreacting or is this a valid concern?
Hi and yes your over reacting. Thats caused only by oral hsv. 90% are from hsv1 and 10% are from oral hsv2. Very rare and something really not an issue.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.