Burning/itching-Do I need to worry about herpes?

hello all. thanks for your work on this site. 4 days ago I received a lap dance at a bachelor party that lead to very brief genital to genital touching (30 seconds max) followed by a handjob with lotion. No insertion or oral sex. About 24 hrs afterwards I felt slight burning sensation and redness on left side scrotum, inner thighs, butt, under and on penis area which is still persisting. No visible sores, perhaps more paranoia than anything but I'm worried I may be at risk for Std, specifically herpes.  Any guidance at all pertaining to my concern would be greatly appreciated and would help me sleep!  Should I be worried? Plan on getting tested next week. Thanks for your time.
Almost zero chance. you're probably having a reaction to the lotion. A test in 4 weeks will determine if you are positive.
Thanks so much for response, I have been so worried feels better to talk with someone else. Follow up questions-if I did contract hsv how/when would I know? The rash on my bottom seems to be getting worse although not hugely painful.... Possible that my anxiety or another std could be driving rash/tingling symptoms? Any merit to getting tested prior to 4 wks...have also heard 2 weeks?
Minimum 4 weeks for an accurate hsv blood test result. Unless you have a "sore" a doctor can't perform a swab test. And sometimes swab tests on healing sores Coke back negative.

It's likely do to stress. Visit a clinic and get a gener std panel if you can't wait. But a minimum of 4 weeks for an accurate hsv blood test - it takes your body that long to build up the antibodies which is what the blood test searches for.

You're mostly likely fine. It's just the fear.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.