Herpes Community

Can I get HSV2 from receiving Oral Sex?

I had one encounter with a girl about 5 weeks ago. She gave me oral sex at that time. We did not have any genital to genital contact. I did put my hands down her pants a couple of times, and I'm sure I later touched myself with same hand. About 2 days later I developed what I thought was a rash, on my lower butt cheek behind my balls. When I looked at it, I checked online and sure enough it looked like herpes. I had an IGG test and it came back flagged high with an index of 12.5. So I'm positive for HSV2. I only waited 4 weeks (actually a day short of 4 weeks) to get my blood test, which I'm told is kind of early for antibodies to build up, but I couldn't wait. She is now going to get tested, and is understandably worried. She says she's never had any type of STD or any outbreaks or anything, and during our meeting there were no visible sores on her mouth. I'm worried that I may have had this previously and just coincidentally had an outbreak right after our meeting. But that seems kind of far fetched. I mean, my first outbreak after receiving oral from her? But I'm also worried that I may have unknowingly passed it to her. I'm pretty confused. What seems most likely, that I've had it previously or that she passed it on to me?
Hi, did the test say positive for hsv1 or hsc2? and your correct testing at 4 weeks is not going to show a high positive. Also her having hsv2 oral is not something to be concerned she has as most oral herpes is hsv1 from childhood. But the bottom line is that if she did not have any lip sores at the time, you can pretty much rule out that you just contracted herpes.
The test was positive for HSV2. It was the IGG test, result was 12.5. The only genital contact for me was touching her briefly then myself.
You would not contract it by touching and if you have a high hsv2 it was not from that affair.
It seems odd that I would have an outbreak about 2 days after our activity.  Are you thinking it's just coincidence? Because I also don't see how she could have given it to me. Just seems weird though that if I've had it all this time that it decides to show up 2 days after being with her.
2 days is too soon
Ok, I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't say 2 days.....A few days....Not sure the exact time...just within that first week after....never had an outbreak before....just thought it was an itchy rash, so I wasn't concerned at first. All I know is the first outbreak I've ever had was after being with her. Actual days after it started, I can't honestly say.
Bottom line is not by touching to rest in that.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.