Can herpes be spread this way?

I was washing dishes and my sister who has herpes thought it was funny to twerk on my butt. I was so pissed off! Can I catch herpes with her having an outbreak or not. She was wearing shorts and I had thin lounge pants with no undies.  Ya I get home from work and change.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I think I'd be pissed if I was your sister, and you were treating me like a walking biohazard.

You can't get herpes through clothing, and unless your genitals rub up against her genitals long enough to create friction, you aren't ever going to get herpes from her.

You have a lot of questions about STDs and non-sexual risks. If there is no intimate contact with mouths or genitals, these things can't be transmitted.

If you need to (and you may need to), talk to someone about your fear about this (and other germs, if that's a thing, too).

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.