Cold sore outbreak

I usually tend to get one cold sore and then it goes way after a week. This time things got a bit weird. I got one cold sore not on my upper lip which is the usual spot, but one above the lip area. Anyway that did not got me worried i waited for a week and it went away (almost). Just before that one got completely healed i got another one on my upper lip usual spot. I used Zovirax to treat it and it almost went away but now i got 3 more blisters on my lower lip, which i am pretty sure are cold sores. Is this normal for someone who only got one cold sore to start getting many? I was touching my lower lip with my upper lip could this be the cause of spreading the virus further and that's why i got more? Please help me and thank you for your time and understanidng
COMMUNITY LEADER
You didn't spread the virus. The virus is already in that nerve ganglia. You can get cold sores anywhere on your lips,nose. .etc
Your situation isn't uncommon.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.