Herpes Community

Diagnosed HSV2 today, blood +, swab -

I was diagnosed HSV2 positive today from an HSV 1/2 IGG, HERPESELECT TYPE SPECIFIC AB test.

3 weeks before this blood test, (13 weeks after possible exposure) I was swabbed, and negative.

Today my results, 17 weeks after possible exposure,  are:

HSV1: <.90
HSV2: 1.24 , H-Flag

Value          Interpretation
     -----          --------------
   1.10          Positive

I have yet to see sores, blisters, experience any pain, etc. My only hint that something was off was that in the 3 days following my unprotected sexual encounter, I had an itchy vagina, which soon tested positive for Candida and was treated as such. That yeast infection alone was enough to prompt me to test for HSV; otherwise I have no symptoms.

I do not know if that partner is positive for HSV2. However, he gets cold sores, and got one the week after we had contact. I am actually surprised to be negative for HSV1.

Is it possible I have a false negative of HSV1, AND a false positive for HSV2?

I am willing to do a Western Blot. I am just a bit suspicious of the fact it seems to only be available through "Westover Heights Clinic" and Terri Warren. Why are there no other leading voices or agencies on this test?
I seen a post somewhere in here stating that the wb is not fda approved..
Yes...
I am just suspicious why it is so limited. I hate to jump to conclusions but it is almost like people are paying her $200 for her to tell them they are "negative". Terri Warren if you see this please understand where I am coming from!! I can't fathom that such a common disease is so hard to find more information and spokespeople on.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.