Herpes Community

Did I spread Herpes to other parts of genitals while masturbating?

Just found out that I have genital herpes.  I know that it was my initial outbreak because I took an IGG test and it came back negative 3 weeks after my last encounter.  It has now been 8 weeks since my last encounter.  I did not think that this was herpes at first because it did not look like the photos online and it did not hurt or itch.  I had a rash just under the head of my penis I though was Candidiasis.  I masturbated 3 times, about 2 weeks into the outbreak using coconut oil.  the 3rd day of masturbating in a row I noticed a rash around my foreskin (circumcised), a week after that I developed a rash that looked like a friction burn near the base of the shaft and a red area on my scrotum.  I just noticed today a new area that looks like a rash on another area of my scrotum.  Could I have spread the virus to other parts of my genitals by masturbating and rubbing oil on myself?  If so will the virus shed more because of additional sores?  If these red areas have no pain and do not itch how do I know if they are from HSV or not in the future, I am concerned about spreading it as a condom does not cover the scrotum?  The sores have been consistent for 5 weeks but not in the same area, as 1 looks like it is healing I find another somewhere else, is that normal?
COMMUNITY LEADER
If you have genital hsv that covers the boxer short area. In other words an outbreak can happen anywhere in that region. So you can't spread it around that area. It's already there
How where you diagnosed and is it hsv1 or 2?.
I have not been officially diagnosed via blood test or culture.  I will take another IGG test next week but from what I have been reading what else could it be?  I did not go see a doctor because everything that I read said that you need to go in the first few days of an outbreak or the results could come back false negative so what was the point.  I could never tell when this started and stopped.  It seams sort of continuous, the one area heals then I see another area that may be a sore then a few days later it looks a little worse then a little better.  Some areas took longer to heal than others.  This has been going on for 6 weeks now.  I am accepting the fact that this is herpes at this point.  The initial rash left ulcer type marks and the 2nd rash looked like a lot of tiny blisters unfilled with fluid, just loose skin and I continue to see other red pimple type spots around the head of my penis.  None of these have filled and popped that I could tell and none hurt to the touch but there was a general infection type pain and the skin is irritated by my boxer shorts. I currently have a red rash on the left side of my scrotum and a small red mark on the right but since none of these marks hurt to touch how can I tell if I am having an outbreak or not?  Also isn't it true that the worse the initial outbreak the more areas there are to shed in the future?  I just feel like I spread it around to create more sores.
I had read that most recurrences happen within 1 inch of the initial infection.  If I created more sores by spreading it during the initial outbreak then wouldn't that change the potential of additional areas that would be affected?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Not likely. This really does not sound like hsv. Get another blood test and get yourself looked at if the rash is present. Hsv doesn't last 6 weeks.
What is generally the time between outbreaks with HSV, can you have them back to back in different areas?  none of the sores have lasted 6 weeks but I have been having symptoms for that amount of time.  I know that this is not typical but from reading things on the internet it says that it affects everyone differently.  Can you really have sores that are not painful to touch?  I don't have a GP so do you think it is best to see a doctor at an Urgent Care or set an appointment with a Dermatologist?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I always think it's best to seek hands on medical aattention for any issue of concern. Dermatoligist would be best.
There's no set standard for outbreaks and time in between. Hsv1 can have very few if any and hsv2 usually has more but not always.  
Hsv can affect people differently but it is a virus and viruses do like to follow patterns and yours does not suggest hsv
Thank you, I will do that.  Do you think that 8 weeks since last encounter is long enough to take another IGG test or should I wait until 12 weeks?
8 week IGG test results were negative.  How often are 8 week tests negative and 12 week or longer positive?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Rarely.  I think you are just fine.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.