Herpes Community

Do I have HSV 2?

I have posted before,  I would really appreciate the opinion of dr handsfield, Terry Warren or any body knowledgeable about HSV2...

I am a 35 years old heterosexual male. I had protected sex twice with a woman (unknown status) four month ago. I started a new relationship recently,  very soon after having unprotected sex with my new girlfriend she had her first GHSV outbreak, that she is aware of.

She had a swap test done, which confirmed a HSV 2 infection. ( no blood test).
I started to think that it maybe was me that could have passed  the Virus to her, as an asymptomatic HSV 2 carrier.

She has never tested her blood and never had any GHSV symptoms that she is aware of effort this. Her last sexual encounter was almost 9 month before me. I would also like to point out that she had a full blown out brake. From what understand that happens most of the time at the first time, as soon as  an individual contract the virus (am I wrong?)

I had and IGG and IGM test done 3 days after her lab result came back positive and approximately 2 weeks after having unprotected sex with her.
I have never noticed any sores or symptoms in my life.

My IGM came back negative and my IGG came back positive for HSV 1 but Equivocal for HSV 2. Unfortunately I was not able to get the exact numbers of the test from the lab. They told me to do it again in 2 weeks.

I am very confused with the seroconversion window of time. Some people say 3 month other say 4, others 6.

So if my IGG came back equivocal after almost 4 month of exposure to my previous partner.
1-is it safe to assume that I did not have HSV 2 before this current relationship?

I am only interested to know this, because if indeed I was not infected before this current relationship there are still chances that I may not be infected at the present moment. Right?

2-What are the  chances that I could have exposed my girlfriend to HSV2 after having sex in 3 unprotected occasions, if my test results for HSV 2 came back equivocal after her outbreak?

3-Is it very likely that my HSV2 came equivocal because I was recently ( weeks ago), exposed to HSV 2 form my current girlfriend?

4-If I did not have HSV 2 before meeting my new girlfriend. How easy would have been to get infected with  HSV 2 if I had unprotected sex 3 days before her Outbreak?

6- Should I still think that in spite all this I may still not be infected with HSV 2 and my high HSV 1 and previous chicken pox  is altering the IGG HSV 2 test result making equivocal ?

7 how long should I wait to test again?

I would be very grateful for somebody to share his/her medical opinion with me.

Thank you so much for you time
Neither of them are here on  medhelp any more. They have their own pay to post board elsewhere.

let's keep it all in your original post - thanks!!

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.