Do I have Herpes?

I am a male, 33 years old. Eleven days ago I had a protected sex with a prostitute in red light district in Brussels - not a street hooker. I used condom both for oral and vaginal sex. Four days after I started to feel pain in my groin, but it went away. Six days after exposure I started to feel itching and pain in my groin, pubic area testicles. It varied, sometimes it was stronger, sometimes it went away, I felt it on different places. I visited same day a dermatologist, she said that if it was herpes it would have come out by that time. During the last 5 days I felt itching, small pain, numb (left side of groin) as well, but there are no blisters, sores, fever, bigger lymph nodes. I have to admit that I shave myself on these areas and also make stretching exercises which affects my groin, so I really don't know. What do you think?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I agree with the dermatologist. This is not herpes related.  Your protected sex is very effective.  Even if she was positive your chances are 1 in a 1000 for unprotected sex. Your protected encounter brings that down close to zero.
Thank you, good to hear this. There are tons of information on the net regarding the incubation time, symptoms, condom efficiency, etc...it just makes a bigger confusion. I hope you're right!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Condoms are effective and the only place you can conteact hsv is where you are not covered. Those places like the pelvis area are rarely infected due to the thicker skin, less friction and hair barrier.
I am shaved there and she was too, but the vaginal sex was really short and only in "missonaire" position, so I guess you're right.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.