Do I have genital herpes?

So my partner gets coldsores, anyway one night he went down on me with what we think was a coldsore, we weren't entirely sure.

Now a week after I had what looked like a mosquito bite on my vagina, not on the lips but close too. and I also was red raw for a couple of days.

Is that genital herpes, do I have genital herpes? how do I know?
I suggest going into the hospital or making an appointment at your local doctors office. No one can be entirely sure unless a few tests have been taken.
If you already have oral cold sores (HSV1) then you are not likely to receive a genital infection, hence no cause for concern if this is the case.

Next if you do not have HSV1 and were just infected, well you'd know it! You wouldn't be looking a single bite like sore that's for sure!

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.