Herpes Community

HSV-2 IgG Results

Tested NEGATIVE for HSV-2 IgG after 8 weeks and 14 weeks. Do I need further testing or can I put this behind me? I've not had any symptoms at this point, but I read conflicting information about when results are conclusive, like some say 3 months and some say 16 weeks.
14 weeks is plenty, especially with no symptoms. 16 weeks is just an added precaution for those already with HSV1.

You can be very confident you do not have HSV2.
I do have HSV-1. I've had it since I was a little kid, and I confirmed it with a positive HSV-1 IgG when I ran the 8 week panel. I didn't even test for it again with the 14 week panel because I've known for years.

Does this mean I need a 16 week test?

Are my results now considered less accurate?

Does having HSV-1 affect my results?

To be open, my exposure was protected oral and protected vaginal intercourse with a stripper. Finished with unprotected hnadjob.
14 weeks is fine, you are negative.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.