Herpes? Folliculitis? Ingrown Hair?

I was recently intimate with a gal who not long ago tested positive for HSV (not sure if it's 1 or 2).  She's not on suppressants, but we did use condoms.  About 2 days later I experienced a notable itch in the lower half of my inner right thigh.  The following day, a small, red, pimple-esque growth appeared.  Very small with a tiny whitish-yellowish head.  It's only mildly irritable, but noticeably sore with occasional burning.  The following day (today), another one appeared maybe eight inches south, on the side of my knee-cap.  Same qualities; feels like a bug bite, looks like a pimple.  They are both lone, and not close enough to each to consider them any sort of cluster.

Also notable:  

- the aforementioned woman did not appear to have any sort of visible outbreak.

- the day of the encounter, I'd also trimmed my body hair.  Not all the way down to the skin, but with an electric trimmer.  the area in question included.

- Winter climate has my skin awfully dry at present as well, especially in my upper leg region.

-  These pimples do not surround a singular hair, as many hair-related conditions suggest, albeit in a hairy region.

I will be unable to see a doctor for at least a week but am worrisome at the possibility herpes.  What are the odds this is herpes vs. a hair-related issue such as folliculitis or ingrown hair?  

Thank you for your time and feedback.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.