Herpes transmission?...

I was wondering if someone's puss from a cold sore got on a piece of paper or other object if I could end up contracting the virus if I acc touched it or if it would be inactive.
I'm not sure why anyone would go out of their way to harvest cold sore fluid in a concentrated form on a piece of paper or anything else for that matter.

If they did, the virus is likely to die from seconds to minutes. Any virus there was would have to be rubbed into a sensitive area and take hold on a nerve ending. Many areas of our body have thick skin making this a near impossibility.
Thank you so much, this has been on my mind all day!
But since this is the discharge the comes from the sore and there's many tiny littl viruses contained in it wouldn't it last longer since it's wet making there a greater possibilty of contracting it?
No, the virus dies quickly and would need to be rubbed vigorously into a sensitive area.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.