Herpes Community

Iga deficiency

I was born with an IgA deficiency and believe I contracted genital herpes. I am going to get tested tomorrow. My partner has had no signs of infection, but my symptoms have me convinced. Does anyone know how my immune defiency will effect me with this disease? I can barely sleep/think and hope to get answers soon.
if you are going to get tested, your partner should too. Just knowing your status is only  half of the picture as well as if you recently contracted herpes from them, it might not be reflected on your igg blood test results.

what makes you think you contracted genital herpes?  Have you been seen yet for your symptoms?

if indeed you do have genital herpes, herpes antivirals will help control it even with your iga deficiency but it's important to be seen promptly if you are having active symptoms.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.