Is this a yeast infection or something else ?

I've had pin red spots on just the corona of my penis and has been there for almost 6 months.  I've used Lotrimin and cortisone and no difference. There is no pain, no blistering, no sensations when running my finger across it. Simply raised little parts of skin

Don't know how to post pics
Also it does look a lot more visible after sex which makes me think maybe just friction burn ?
COMMUNITY LEADER
This is most assuredly not hsv. It doesn't present like this and certainly doesn't last months.
Maybe yeast infection ? It's specifically on corona and not anywhere else
COMMUNITY LEADER
Unfortunately herpes is what i know. Further diagnosis should be done by your gyno.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sorry. Your Dr.
Herpes would have crusted, scabbed or at least healed by now right ? Not the same single spot for a long time? It doesn't grow or get smaller just less and more visible throughout the day
Maybe some kind of dermatitis
Look up something called: pearly penile papules. I bet it's what you're seeing
Yea but it's just a red spot are they just like one or a few red ones ? They mostly seem clear colored. There's no crust or center crater look to it it's justness like a rough spot

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.